Help Us Feed the Hungry Children and Families in Our Community
Summer is a peak demand time for food shelves due to the number of children who normally eat breakfast and lunch at school.
Two Ways You Can Help
- Drop off a Food or a Cash Donation (checks made out to VEAP) at the office Mondays through Thursdays 9:00 am - 7:00 pm or Fridays 7:00 - 1:00 pm
- Donate $20.00 to the Food Shelf and receive a New Patient Evaluation for FREE...and Nokomis will match the $20.00 for the first 20 New Patients
Check out this video for information on a Prize drawing for our practice members who donate.
|The Team is Changing|
A member of the Nokomis team is retiring after many years, and many happy healthy spines….
Spring into Wellness Trivia Questions 2015
1. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how important is your health to YOU? Why?
2. Name 5 things in your life that fall apart if they do not receive preventative (wellness) maintenance: (Your health, relationships, house, car and teeth.)
3. What is the real cause of most chronic neck and back problems? An Accumulation of: 1) Genetics 2) Traumas and Injuries 3) Repetitive Stress/Bad posture, 4) Poor Nutrition and 5) Aging
4. What are the three types of Chiropractic care? Relief care (pain and symptoms) Corrective Care (strengthening and stabilizing) and Wellness/Maintenance Care (optimal function)
5. What supplements do Dr. Olson and his family members take? (Multivitamin, Omega-3 (fish oil) Vitamin D, Calcium and Probiotics.
6. What is the World Health Organization’s definition of health? (A state of optimal physical, mental and social well-being; not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.)
7. What is the number one cause of obesity and diabetes? (Over consumption of carbohydrates, trans fats and processed sugar). (i.e. fast food, snack foods and soda pop)
8. How many pounds of sugar does the average American consume per year? (152 lbs)
9. What are the most common conditions Chiropractors treat children for? (Ear infections, asthma, allergies, bed wetting, colic and headaches.)
10. The United States consumes what percent of all the medications in the world even though the United States is only 6% of the World’s population. (56%)
11. How many people in the United States die annually from Over The Counter Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) such as Tylenol, Aleve, Aspirin, Motrin, due to liver and kidney damage. (16,000)
12. Name 5 systems of the body that are controlled by the nervous system. (Immune, digestive, respiratory, cardiovascular, elimination and reproductive systems.)
13. How many cells in the body does the Nervous System control? (all 75 trillion)
14. What is the true cause of most all sickness, colds and flu? (Lowered state of immune resistance)
15. What percentage of the cells of your body change every year? (98%)
16. What health problems have been attributed to GMOs? (allergies, increased toxicity, antibiotic resistance, gastrointestinal problems, reproductive problems, organ damage and cancer)
17. America spent $3 TRILLION in 2014 on health care... That’s more than Japan, Germany, France, China, the UK, Italy, Canada, Brazil, Spain and Australia COMBINED!
18. The United States ranks 37th out of 39 industrial countries for the health of the population. (Yet we spend more than anyone else and take the most drugs)
19. What percent of your body is water (70-75%)
20. How many ounces of water should you drink every day? (1/2 of your body weight). So if you weight 100 lbs. you should drink 50 ounces.
21. According to a Yale University study, how many people die every year while in the hospital from properly prescribed medications? (100,000 -140,000)
22. What is the most important type of chiropractic care and why? (Wellness for overall optimal function)
23. How often do most of the patients get Wellness adjustments? Twice a month
24. What percent of our nervous system perceives pain? (10 %)
25. What is a SUBLUXATION? The chiropractic term for when the vertebrae is out of alignment, not moving properly, causing pain and/or pressure on the nerve, leading to a lower level of health.
26. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how important is it to you, to have a 100% functioning nerve system.
27. True or False. Research has found that an adequate level of Vitamin D could reduce breast cancer by 50%.
28. Who said “The Doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and prevention of disease.” (Thomas Edison)
29. Is pain the best indicator of how healthy you are? (No) What is the worst symptom? (No symptom at all)
30. Why should everyone in your family have their spine checked? It’s just like going to the dentist for checkups except you can buy new teeth … but not a new spine.